Saturday, April 23, 2011

 

Chicago Trip - Day 2

I started my day at 5am with a 13 mile run along Lake Shore Drive. It was awesome! I've never ran so far by myself before, so I wasn't sure how well it would go. It was truly a fantastic run. I was fast (just under 2 hours) and the time went by quickly as well. I enjoyed the views of the water on one side and the city on the other. I just wished Jason could have been there with me to experience it.

After breakfast, we took a bus to the Science and Industry Museum where we spent several hours. It's a huge museum. We didn't even come close to seeing it all.

The boys liked riding the bus, especially Miles.

Gavin took the opportunity to take a 20 minute power nap.

Here are the boys and I on the steps to the museum. Miles was already frustrated with me wanting to take so many pictures.

Miles in front of a picture of his favorite planet - Jupiter!

We really enjoyed the stuff on space.

Even Gavin the astronaut liked it.

There was a fantastic model of Chicago with skyscrapers and trains. It was really spectacular.

There was even a hands-on kids area. Here you can see Jason pedaling a bicycle to get water to rise to the top of a tube so that it can flow out. (I ran 13 miles, Jason pedaled for 2 minutes. That was the extent of his training. LOL He too is running a half marathon in 2 weeks. Ask him how far he's run in the past 3 months.)

After the museum, we headed to Navy Pier.

The boys all bought Cub hats as souvenirs.

And finally, after dinner we headed to the John Hancock Observatory to see the city lit up at night. It was pretty cool. By the time we got back to our hotel, it was 11:30pm! Miles fell right to sleep, Gavin on the other hand was a crazy man. I had to turn on the tv to loll him to sleep. That kid wears me out! At least he's usually in a good mood.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Website Counter
Counters