Saturday, October 09, 2010
Miles' 5th Birthday
Miles wanted a dinosaur themed birthday party this year. (Yay for it not being Lightning McQueen again!) We invited several families over to celebrate his 5th birthday. There were 12 kids in all. It ended up being a beautiful day outside, so we were able to have the party outside.
Here's the cake I made. The dino is hiding behind some leaves in case you can't tell in the picture. Scary eh?
Some feel (Jason) as if I went overboard on the party this year, but I enjoyed planning it. Here's the volcano that Miles and I made. The kids are gathered around to watch it erupt. Awwwe-some!
So it's hard to find large Easter eggs in October, so I HAD to paper mache' some eggs. I stuffed the eggs with treats (stickers, dinosaur figures, gummies, etc) and hid them around the yard for a dinosaur egg hunt. We also dug for dinosaurs in the sand box. It was great fun.
Here's the cake I made. The dino is hiding behind some leaves in case you can't tell in the picture. Scary eh?Counters
